[okfn-discuss] Share your Open Data Day -detailed- Links: Hashtags, Social Media, Contact Info, GitHub and more

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Wed Feb 18 16:53:36 UTC 2015

I think you are on the 2014 tab, try 2015 at the bottom:
http://bit.ly/oddeventdetails

The key is that this sheet is a framework for sharing *lots* of
detailed information about local events.

OKFN posted the mega contact sheet on Twitter and Facebook and
encourage me to share here.

In an ideal world there would be one place to get you on a map and one
to share detailed contact information ... but there isn't. I am hoping
that by adding NDOCH columns from last year, we can get that event
onto this sheet as a new tab rather than another sheet lost in the
wilderness.

I am not sure what it is about openness projects and openly sharing
detailed contact information, perhaps the fear of spam over the desire
for open connecting, but as someone who has visited many local civic
tech groups along side my existing travel, finding an email or
telephone number is almost impossible. But when I can find it and then
get in touch directly with people, good things can happen.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Clift  -  Executive Director, E-Democracy

* Support E-Democracy. Pledge drive to raise $10,000 US:
      http://e-democracy.org/donate?ft  - Only $890 to 2015 Goal