[okfn-discuss] Moving on

Hasive N. Chowdhury nh at nhasive.com
Thu Jun 18 04:45:27 UTC 2015

Hi Zara,

It's really good experience for me that I start work with OK as Bangladesh
Ambassador and get so much help from you. Also it's nice experience for me
to meet with you in person at OK Conference 2013 (Geneva) and OK Festival
2014 (Germany). We from OK Bangladesh miss you so much. But All the best
for you. Hope we meet again. Because you know, World is small, specially in
Internet world!

Best of luck again and keep connected.

-Hasive
@nhasive
OK Bangladesh

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Zara Rahman <zara.rahman at okfn.org> wrote:

>  *apologies for any cross-posts!*
>
> Dear all,
>
> As some of you may have heard, after nearly 2.5 years here, I've taken the
> decision to move on from Open Knowledge, and today is my last day. I've had
> such a wonderful time here and been lucky enough to meet and work with many
> of you, most recently with the fabulous School of Data team and network,
> and in earlier roles with the Open Development community, and our many
> Local Groups around the world. Seeing so many of you recently in Ottawa was
> really, really lovely, and reminded me again what a fantastic community
> this is - both online, and off.
>
> For School of Data related enquiries, please contact Katelyn on
> katelyn.rogers at okfn.org - and if you're passing through Berlin and would
> like to grab a coffee, or just want to get in touch with me personally, you
> can reach me on mail at zararah.net, or via Twitter @zararah
> <https://twitter.com/zararah>.
>
> ***Please remove zara.rahman at okfn.org <zara.rahman at okfn.org> address from
> your contact list, as this won't be checked from tomorrow onwards***
>
> Moving forward, I'll be doing some work with the engine room and some
> other like-minded organisations in the space of technology for advocacy and
> activism, and taking on more of a research-based role - after almost 5
> years in the 'open data' space, I'm looking forward to having some time to
> stop, think and write about what is going on more broadly in the
> data/technology/activism field!
>
> I will of course stay an active community member with Open Knowledge, and
> I'll miss working with this fantastic group of people a lot - I've learned
> so, so much from everyone. Being part of an organisation with such faith in
> 'learning by doing' and inspiring, smart and kind colleagues, is something
> I will be forever grateful for.
>
> Hope to see you all soon!
>
> Very best,
>
> Zara
>
> PS. Come to Berlin, it's beautiful!
> --
> Zara Rahman
> School of Data Fellowships lead | skype: zara.rahman | @zararah
> <http://www.twitter.com/zararah>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://www.okfn.org> | *Empowering through
> Open Knowledge*

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury **Hasive*
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee> & IEG
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People> Committee, Wikimedia
Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
Moderator, Social Media Interaction | The Daily Prothom-Alo
<http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge <http://www.okfn.org>
Asst.General Secretary | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN)
<http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
Author & Translator | Global Voice
<http://bn.globalvoicesonline.org/author/hasive>