[okfn-discuss] Inquiry / Research on OGD

Maja Pozvek majapozvekk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:57:21 UTC 2017

Dear Sir/Miss,

my name is Maja Pozvek and I am a Master's student of Public Policy & Human
Development at United Nations University/Maastricht University in
Maastricht, the Netherlands. I am currently working on my Master's thesis
proposal in which I am planning to research the use of open government data
and its effects on society, particularly on citizen engagement and
political participation, in a specific case. As I have yet to determine the
details I decided to get in touch with you as you might advise me how to
put my research to a good use. More often than not Master's theses end up
being an end in itself, and while I realize it is a limited piece of work,
I have certain resources (namely time and the support of UN research staff)
that I would prefer to put to a good use. I was considering working on the
case of my home country, Slovenia, as there is a considerable amount of
progress to be done when it comes to open government data, but perhaps it
would be wiser to select a country/city/etc. with a functioning open
government data platform so that I could establish its effects. However, I
am not limited neither by the government nor by the topic. If there is an
ongoing project that you run or are aware of, perhaps I could contribute to
that in a way. If there is a piece of a puzzle that I could contribute,
please let me know. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to
ask.

Thank you for your help and kind regards,
Maja Pozvek