[Okfn-dk] New member and starting an OKFN Science Group in CPH.

Martin Malthe Borch mmborch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 14:40:29 UTC 2014

Hello OKFN  DK group.

I was directed to this mailling list by Christian Villum, after a great
breakfast meeting.

My name is Martin Malthe Borch
I'm a researcher at ITU.dk

I have a master in bIological engineering from DTU and a master in
Interaction design from ciid.dk
I am currently chairman of Labitat.dk & Biologigaragen.org.

In relation to OKFN, I am working on creating an open citizen science
festival during "ESOF.org - science in the city" called Kopenlab.dk (under
development) and I am also trying to establish a Citizen Science Center in
Copenhagen where researchers, student & Ph.ds from the various university
researchgroups and institutets can meet and collaborate with industry and
get valuable data and feedback from hackers and the public.  An example is
our Novozymes / biologigaragen collaboration around open source assay
tools: http://biologigaragen.org/baessy/

I am looking forward to join your discussions here.
I tried to find information on various websites and wiki's on how to
formally establish an OKFN - science group here in DK. If you can direct me
to a person or a link that would be great.
Also I'd like to hear if there is any formal requirements for joining the
DK-group, and get on the list online, as this will greatly help our current
funding for the above mentioned projects

In my personal research I'm making biological art/design installations that
hopefully give people new insights into the future of biotechnology.

looking forward to meet you all.

--
Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 61713656
diybio.eu | biologigaragen.org | labitat.dk |
energihojskolen.dk<http://www.energihojskolen.dk/>