[OKFN-EN] Fw: I.T Aid Third Sector

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Oct 14 22:19:33 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I want to step in as informal list moderator and suggest that this thread
move off-list as I feel it is getting off-topic :-)

Rufus

On 14 October 2013 22:58, Claudio Vidini <claudio at netsolutionswales.co.uk>wrote:

> Dear Paul Raven,
>
> I seem to have omitted feedback from one of your questions.
>
> As mentioned, some of the initial Group Website's created are over ten
> years old.
>
> Obviously Groups wish to remain dynamic in Sync with their evolution. Are
> you saying that because they have a redesign we loose credibility?
>
> Again, your hap hazard questioning lacks substance for me but if you wish
> to seek funding for the Group you represent (Science Fiction right?)
>
> Here to help.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Claudio Vidini (BSc)
> Director
> www.netsolutionswales.co.uk
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Paul Graham Raven
> Date: 14 October 2013 21:31
> To: Claudio Vidini
> Cc: okfn-en at lists.okfn.org
> Subject: Re: [OKFN-EN] Fw: I.T Aid Third Sector
>

> Claudio;
>
> I don't know about anyone else, but i'd be interested to know on whose
> behalf you are disbursing these grants; your website is notably devoid of
> any mention of the funding source(s), which is not exactly conducive to
> instant trust... especially as sole-traderships are, as far as i know, not
> usually put in the position of disbursing grants.
>
> And given you're IT experts, you're probably aware that one's web presence
> is highly formative when it comes to first impressions, just like one's
> email style; instead of getting angry at folk doing a bit of due diligence
> and finding you lacking, maybe you should address your corporate image as a
> priority? A number of the clients in your portfolio have evidently done
> exactly that since taking delivery of the sites in the screencaps...
>
> Shorter version: welcome to the internet. Don't spam people, it tends to
> make them ask unpleasant questions.
>
> Best...
>
> -- from the tablet-factor device of Paul Graham Raven: infrastructure
> researcher, contraPanglossian futurist, cultural critic, dishevelled
> mountebank. This automatically appended signature will self-destruct after
> reading.
>
> On 14 Oct 2013 18:46, "Claudio Vidini" <claudio at netsolutionswales.co.**uk<claudio at netsolutionswales.co.uk>>
> wrote:
>

> Dear All,
>
> To address your concerns :
>
> Net Solutions Wales Ltd status was closed with
> Companies House but retained the Sole Traders
> Status in the UK.
>
> As such we are still governed by UK B2B Standards.
>
> Each time the OKFN mail goes out we assist more
> Groups so why wouldn't we continue to assist. As
> the information states the funding is available
> until at least April next year.
>
> For Paula Graham, I would be very interested in
> details of Groups you say feel our offer of
> assistance is "dodgy". I have many many
> successfully Awarded Groups who'm I can pass as
> reference. Perhaps you'd like to do the same??
> [...]

*

Rufus Pollock

Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|