[OKFN-EN] UK Local Open Data Census updates

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jun 17 14:36:30 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Progress is continuing on the UK Local Open Data Census and there are now
more than half-dozen cities with almost complete info and 15 or so with
some information.

One goal we could have here is to have enough coverage (perhaps top 40 or
so cities) to be able to do a launch in, say, September/October
highlighting the best (and worst) open data cities in the UK. *So if your
city is missing please dive in*!

As immediate near-term items I wanted to suggest a couple of things:

   -

   *Organizing a Census “sprint”* to add newe entries and review existing
   submissions. Please say if you’d be interested or add your name directly to
   this planning doc
   <https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1lD32VQPABQT4JFvvUCPJJlu4NpfAyk314VIhJmmQOnc/edit#>
   .
   -

   *Reviewing the dataset list to see if we should add/drop particular
   datasets.* For example, I know one person has specifically suggested
   adding toilet locations as a specific dataset to survey. More generally,
   should we subdivide some datasets to be more precise - e.g. locations of
   public facilities split into say, hospitals and schools. Or break-down
   public transport into bus and tram.

Regards,

Rufus

Rufus