[OKFN-EN] Global Open Data Index - United Kingdom

Mor Rubinstein mor.rubinstein at okfn.org
Tue Oct 21 21:30:11 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. I am Mor Rubinstein, the Global Open Data Index
Community Outreach coordinator and I'm here to remind you about the Index.
:-)

We are in the middle of submissions collection to the 2014 Index. You can
learn all about it here
<http://blog.okfn.org/2014/10/09/this-index-is-yours/>. While the UK is
leading the 2013 Index, we do *need your help* to check that everything is
up to date that it is presentable for the 2014 Index.

Luckily, since we have the data for 2013, updating the index is an easy
task! Simply go to the UK country page
<http://global.census.okfn.org/place/gb>, check the submissions that were
made in 2013.  Have there been any changes, are any additional datasets
available?  If so, fill these in.

If not, just write in the box “Further Details and Comments (optional but
strongly encouraged)” at the bottom of the page of each of the datasets “no
changes for 2014”.  This will ensure that your country is visible in the
2014 Index, and we will have a record of these changes.

I think the Index can be a great exercise to those who are new to open gov
data in the UK and also a great community tool towards the UK city census
(details about this will be sent soon!).

Everyone can contribute to the Index so please feel free to fill it in. If
you have any question, please send me an email.

Thank you,

Mor