[Okfn-fi] Opening the list for active use

Jussi Nissilä jussi.nissila at finnish-institute.org.uk
Thu Jan 12 10:46:02 UTC 2012

Dear OKFN-FI mailing list members,

Nice to have you onboard! It's time to open the mailing list for active
use. We are currently somewhat over 30 open knowledge advocates from
Finland, mostly Finns, but there are also some English speaking people,
so that's why I'm writing in English now.

The language policy of the list is that you should use what ever
language you are comfortable with. English and Finnish are the ones most
people can read, so try to use either of those.

The mailing list is a channel you can use to inform others about
up-coming events, news, calls for action etc. This list is also _the_
channel for discussing the need for and planning the organisation of the
Open Knowledge Foundation Finland chapter. So please don't hesitate to
share your needs, thoughts and comments.

I would expect that some of the first posts to the list will be
announcements of the upcoming OKFN-FI meetups for the Spring of 2012.
But other issues are most welcome - there is the option to get only a
daily digest if/when we are getting too many messages :)

With community building regards,
Jussi

Jussi Nissilä
The Finnish Institute in London