[okfn-help] CKAN spam

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Aug 1 12:04:08 BST 2007

You always know that a new website hasn't really got noticed until it
starts getting spammed so perhaps we should take it as a backhanded
compliment that CKAN received its first spam last week (see revision 173
to 193 [1]).

I'm wondering how best we go about dealing with this. I'm loath to
require a login as yet so perhaps we should implement some kind of
captcha system. We also need to think about how we purge this kind of
spam and revert changes simply in a versioned domain model framework.

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: http://www.ckan.net/revision/