[okfn-help] Server disconnect due to spam abuse of petition.publicgeodata.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 7 10:47:39 GMT 2007

Hi,

Some people might have noticed that the OKFN server went down last
night. It got disconnected for spam issues related to
petition.publicgeodata.org (it appears that you can easily abuse one of
the forms on that site -- I think it is the one allowing you to write to
other people to notify them of the petition).

As the notice and and the subsequent disconnect happened late last night
I only resolved this issue this morning (by disabling
petition.publicgeodata.org) and got the server reconnected. It should
now work fine from now on.

Finally, so as to not clutter people's inbox with administrivia I
propose that any further discussion of this issue be on okfn-help.

Regards,