[okfn-help] Hosting the TCL/ODL

Jonathan jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Sep 25 01:48:47 BST 2007

A comment from Paul Miller on
<http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/murrayrust/?p=629>:

"I would like to stress, though, that neither OKF nor CC are
‘competitors’ in this space as neither explicitly offer a ‘data’ license
at the moment.

Indeed, OKF cites our earlier TCL as an exemplar of an open data license
and /both/ are amongst those who would make the perfect sustainable home
to which I refer in my post. Talis don’t see ourselves in the business
of maintaining licenses into the future, but we /do/ see a need for a
license such as this, and are happy to play our part in seeding the work
and the conversation from which the ‘answer’ might hopefully grow."

Might we have the capacity to do this? Shall we offer to?

Jonathan