[okfn-help] [okfn-discuss] open Milton and Shakespeare XML

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Dec 1 10:06:51 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Iain Emsley <print.crimes at yatterings.com> wrote:
> Rufus Pollock wrote:
>
> Sounds great Iain. I think XSL is probably the way to go (plus it
> means we can convert to other formats)
>

> I've loaded the first version into Subversion this morning. I still need to
> add a function into format.py to call it.

Great. I'll take a look. Just came across:

  <http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/Stylesheets/>

Is this of use (you've probably looked at this already).

I can link it into format.py if you wish.

> A quick query on the homepage for open Milton. Are we using a different set
> of templates for each site or do we need something more generic which covers
> both Shakespeare and Milton or a couple of the lines in the guide?

I am not sure how we go on this. One obvious approach is to add to the
genshi search path so we can selectively override the main templates.
Something like:

# in your environment.py

    # Load-up the template options
    tmpl_options = config['buffet.template_options']
    tmpl_options['genshi.search_path'] = paths['templates'][0]

> I think we will need to do some template customization but it would be
> nice to keep this to a minimum.
>

> I'll try and put some text together for the guide and the homepage then for
> Milton in the next couple of days.

This would be very useful even if we just draft it first and then
decide how to add it later.

Regards,