[okfn-help] tag list pagination

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Fri Jan 25 00:15:04 GMT 2008

Hi Rufus,

So what do you think about these changes?
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/changeset/216

For the moment, rather than disturbing the 'list' action, I've added a
'page' action. It will be easy to switch this over into the list view
(by editing the controller's method name), and to add this functionality
to package and project lists.

I made a class called Paginate (which we could easily copy to
domainmodel and use in KForge). The fit criteria I wrote are here:
http://desire.appropriatesoftware.net/requirements/40/

Following that analysis, the only aspect I haven't implemented yet is
the list of all links to pages; I've done previous/next links.

But, considering performance, do tags appear again now? How quick is it?
Is it possible for us to test this new tag/page view with your ckan.net
data? Depending on the performance of the model list() method, we might
need to do something more selective. What do you know about this list()
method?

Best wishes,

John.

--