[okfn-help] CKAN config.ini change

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Jul 7 17:36:51 BST 2008

Hi Rufus,

Lots of changes.... It's probably worth trying to add this line to the
ckan.net configuration file (suggest just below all the other
authkit.openid lines):

authkit.openid.template.obj = ckan.controllers.openid_template:make_template

You could probably also add this to your development.ini:

authkit.form.template.obj = ckan.controllers.account:login_form

I've added both to the ckan.egg-info/paste_deploy_config.ini_tmpl file.
This should make the login forms look-n-feel like normal CKAN pages.
There are a few more changes to CKAN that I made today, which should
mean that register/update/show all support CKAN package name, title
(from description), url, download_url, tags (from keywords), and notes
(from long_description). BTW these mappings aren't documented in datapkg
yet, but they do need to be documented clearly. Perhaps the attributes
names of CKAN packages and datapkg packages should be converged?

I'm fairly happy with the functionality on both sides now, but there's a
quite a bit of refactoring etc needed. A number of things are not under
test. There is a "strange error" with datapkg when the path given to the
ckanregister command is duff. There is a double entry in the recent
changes when a package is created via the API (because the update
routine is called after the create routine, part of the attempt to get
tags registered). And so on.

But why not update CKAN.net, also update your local datapkg and
ckanclient codes, and then try:

$ datapkg [help] create ...
$ datapkg [help] ckanregister ...
$ datapkg [help] ckanshow ...
$ datapkg [help] ckanupdate ...
$ datapkg [help] ckanshow ...

Let me know what you think an uninitiated user would think about it?
Then perhaps we could ask Jonathan to try it?

I think it's pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to having the
"ckaninstall" command working. :-)

Best wishes,

John.