[okfn-help] CKAN questions...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 8 11:15:24 BST 2008

On 07/07/08 13:04, John Bywater wrote:
> Hi Jonathan, Hi Rufus,
>
> Thanks for doing the system updates so quickly. I'm taking it easy today
> cos I did a fair amount of work on CKAN/datapkg over the weekend. :-)
> Got lots done, still one of two niggles though (esp.: tags are breaking
> the datapkg ckanregister command and its causing a 500 error; the recent
> changes log entries are blank; etc.).

Perhaps we should get together and take a look - 2 heads are often
better than one.

> Jonathan Gray wrote:

[snip]

>>  * If there any way I can generate a list of tags with the number of
>> packages that use that tag? This could be used to generated tag coulds
>> weighted by package...
>
> Not immediately at the moment. But is this something you will want to do?

We used to do this pre v0.5 but it was causing serious performance
issues (due to the architecture of the underlying versioned domain
model). We will be able to fix this once we migrate to vdm v0.2.

[snip]

>>  * Is there any way that (now or in planned developments) I can do
>> faceted browsing by tags? E.g. to click on 'uk' then click on
>> 'statistics' to find all packages with both tags 'uk' and
>> 'statistics'? I guess after clicking 'uk' one would have to display
>> all other tags associated with the relevant packages?
>
> Not very readily at the moment. But is this something you will want to do?

[snip]

We should definitely put this down as a new ticket on the trac [2]. I
also don't think it would be that hard to do -- though whether it is a
priority is another question :)

~rufus

[2]:<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/>