[okfn-help] [okfn-discuss] openShakespeare on Windows

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Mar 18 12:49:46 GMT 2008

Iain Emsley wrote:
> Many thanks, Rufus. I was running it off the wrong command line, ie the
> python one not the Windows one.
>
> I've got most of this working and am just hooking it up to MySQL so I
> can see what happening inside.
>
> Would it be worth me writing this up for any potential Windows users as
> there are dependencies like wget which need to be added to the paths and
> so on which may not be immediately obvious?

Yes, a README.Windows would be most welcome. Re. the wget point I think
this should be deprecated back in favour of urllib (which ships with
python). The reason wget was used was obscure/weird breakage of urllib
when interacting with the squid proxies used by wikimedia which I
discovered when downloading the encyclopaedia britannica stuff (I don't
know whether this is now fixed).

~rufus

PS: do sign up for an account on http://knowledgeforge.net and then let
me know your username and as that way I can add you to the shakespeare
project so you have full commit access etc.