[okfn-help] Comments on website changes from identi.ca

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Feb 6 12:08:08 GMT 2009

2009/2/5 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> Here are two comments on the website re-design from identi.ca:
>
>   elopio @okfn, I would try to keep the same header and top menu in the blog.

Absolutely agree. To do so we would need to 'port' our current
moinmoin theme to work in wordpress. Perhaps easier would be just to
sort out the header part ...

>   mattl @okfn -- "FrontPage" in the title... assuming you're not a
> division of Microsoft, you might want to do whatever you need to, to
> hide that.

Also excellent point. Unfortunately this is done by moinmoin
automatically and there is no way to modify this easily :(

One obvious option here is to move to wordpress for main site as it
will assist with both of these (and it is probably better adapted for
being a standard CMS).

Main issue is that we really need the wikilike versioning of pages. WP
2.6 introduced this [1] but I don't know how good this is compared to
moinmoin.

Other things we'd need to do:

  a) port theme
  b) import content (including revisions)

Maybe we can this down as an item on the wiki and schedule for our
next major update ...