[okfn-help] Python Apps to help with deployment

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 20 18:42:09 BST 2009

Here's useful intros to virtualenv, pip and fabric -- all useful apps
for doing python deployment -- which I thought might be of interest:

http://simeonfranklin.com/talk/virtualenv.html
http://simeonfranklin.com/talk/pip.html
http://simeonfranklin.com/talk/fabric.html

I've started using virtualenv quite a lot recently and have also been
experimenting with pip for installation (instead of easy_install). It
has some rough edges but looks promising. I haven't played with fabric
at all.

Anyone with experience with these or any other relevant apps that
they'd like to share please let me know.