[okfn-help] further to load on us0

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Oct 8 13:13:25 BST 2009

Martin Keegan wrote:
 > Thanks guys; those are all useful links.
 >
 > Debian seems to want to prevent you from installing both prefork and
 > worker mode Apache simultaneously for separate instances, and I don't
know
 > what of our software other than Django has assumptions about Apache's
 > process model.

Could always build a prefork Apache for KForge to use. Reverse proxying
KForge works so long as the reverse proxy also has the required modules
enabled. Building Apache for KForge isn't trivial because there are
quite a few separate downloads for the various modules. I've got some
code which automates (and documents) the sequence, if you're interested.

 > Anyway, us0 is looking like less of a crimescene now. We can have the
 > "what should kforge look like" discussion later.

Good to hear. What do you think KForge should look like?

Jb