[okfn-help] CKAN improvements

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri Oct 23 12:11:05 BST 2009

Dear all,

We've been working hard on CKAN recently and some of the new features
can now be tried out:

* Groups - Packages can already be categorized with tags, but these
are a free-for-all. You can now place packages in a 'Group' and
restrict other users' permissions to add / remove packages from it.

* Ratings - Each package can be given a general star rating by anyone.
It should become a useful indicator of usefulness. There are controls
to stop people voting more than once.

* Your user page - this already covers recent edits and now shows
total edits and packages you are admin for. We intend it to be more
customisable and publicly linked to.

Any thoughts or suggestions, please get in touch.

David Read