[okfn-help] More annotations! More!

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Mon Sep 7 17:54:57 BST 2009

Rufus, and anyone else following the annotator,

I've updated the README at http://github.com/nickstenning/jsannotate
with a basic example of what integration with the server side might
look like.

It's a pretty naff way of loading/saving annotations: ideally we'd be
passing "annotationCreated"/"annotationUpdated"/etc messages around,
perhaps (as we discussed on the phone) to an AnnotationStore object
which would manage interfacing with the server-side REST api.

However, as discussed at
http://github.com/nickstenning/jsannotate/issues#issue/1, I'm going to
need to do a fair bit of refactoring before it's easy to implement the
annotation/rest whatnot.

For OpenShakespeare purposes, I think we're some way there if we just
implement the code more-or-less as in the README, but obviously you
might want to pass more than just the annotations object, so instead
of just window.jsannotator.dumpAnnotations(), you might have: { docid:
"http://...", annotations: window.jsannotator.dumpAnnotations() }

That's all for now,