[okfn-help] Letters of Dickens experiment

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Fri Sep 18 21:13:26 BST 2009

Hi Rufus,

Just a quick note to say that I've popped the first version of the first
volume of the letters of Dickens onto my site:
http://austgate.co.uk/dickens/index.php?author=Dickens

I've started on the XML but want to change the database schema which
will allow me to make better use of it and I've also started on an RDF
ontology to fill in some perceived gaps in the FOAF and Dublin Core
ontologies for linking texts together. Once I've tidied up the document,
I'll post further details of the proposed ontology for comment (though
happy for comment now if any one feels like it).

As per our recent conversation, I'd like to swap the current front end
and use Simile for the index so first go here:
http://austgate.co.uk/dickens/letter_table.php. I think that it would
might be preferable to remove the URLs and expose them via a mouseover
event or something similar. At some point, I'll also go back to the
timeline software and the JIT kit for network analysis.

All best,

Iain

Iain Emsley

blog: http://austgate.co.uk