[okfn-help] eu3 load issues

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Aug 21 15:16:11 BST 2010

On 21 August 2010 14:56, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> On 20/08/2010 20:23, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>>
>> (I think we should either deprecate sysadmin alias or turn
>> it into a dedicated mailing list ...)
>
> I'm never sure whether sending sysadmin niggles to the help list is the
> right thing to do - should these things go in the tracker or should i do
> both - didn't realise there was a sysadmin alias.

For this kind of stuff I think you are right that ticketing on the
tasks tracker in the sysadmin component would be much better.

okfn-help sort-of operates as our catch-all on the logic that if
traffic on a given topic got too much we'll spawn another list ...

sysadmin alias is needed for things like usage as contact email
address by monitoring systems etc. Most people on the infrastructure
WG are subscribed (though not all -  some people don't want all that
mail!).