[okfn-help] EU AWS Servers

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 23 10:30:20 BST 2010

Just to add. This change has been motivated by persistent performance
issues on eu3 that we suspect are due to AWS setup of 32-bit hosts. As
a first step to addressing this we are migrating dbs to eu5 (64-bit).
If problems persist we will then be moving the frontends as well.

Rufus

On 23 August 2010 10:07, Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Rufus and I have just discussed the functional responsibilities of our eu AWS servers, resulting in this:
>
> * eu0 - Testing
> * eu1 - Mail
> * eu3 - Web frontends
> * eu4 - Processing & heavy web apps (eg. okfnpad)
> * eu5 - Databases
>
> This means I'll migrate the postgres databases on eu3 to eu5 today, which could mean minor downtime or read-only time for the CKAN instances hosted there. Please let me know if you're planning any mayor imports today so we can coordinate.
>
> Friedrich

Open Knowledge Foundation