[okfn-help] Open Methods wiki

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Fri Dec 17 21:29:08 GMT 2010

Il giorno ven, 17/12/2010 alle 18.24 +0000, Rufus Pollock ha scritto:

> Not at the moment. But I think we should make it possible. In the mean
> time would you like a wiki to be set up?

Yes please. I would go for a domain like openmethods.org, but I'm open
to discussion.

> Also now is the time to have a quick vote on a crucial topic: should
> we move to mediawiki away from moinmoin as our standard wiki? (and
> why?)

Mediawiki is far better when it comes to having a complex structure of
pages, it has a few extensions that will be very helpful for this
project (Extension:Cite being the first) and is generally easier for
newcomers, who may already know Wikipedia. That said, for wiki.okfn.org
the difference is not going to be very significant.

I cannot judge the sysadmin side of the story. MW is pretty much like
any other LAMP-based software.

Ciao
steko

--
Stefano Costa
Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology