[okfn-help] still problems with de.ckan.net translation

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Feb 21 13:22:18 GMT 2010

On 20 February 2010 19:21, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus, hi Benoit,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I know its hard with me so I really patience and time. Before my last translation - this morning - I *did* pull and update from

No problem at all :)

> repository. So I should have the latest suff right?

That's right.

> Now I *did* pull and update again and again translated what was missing, but still: I still have the english words right on the homepage:
>
> "CKAN is a registry of open data and content packages. CKAN makes it easy to find, share and reuse open content and data, especially in ways that are machine automatable."

Ok, I've fixed it (and other most other non-translations I could see).
I looked at what Benoit's fr translation and difference between his
and yours was an extra

#, fuzzy

before the translation strings. Not sure why this is there but
selectively removing it fixed the problem. I've committed and deployed
to de.ckan.net and everything seems to be working!

@Daniel: issue with deployment was a permissions issue which is now
fixed so you should also be able to deploy in future w/o problems
(though, note that w/o restarting apache/modwsgi process translation
changes won't show up on de.ckan.net ...)

NB: still an issue with unicode charaters and edit page which means
editing your one current package is still causing problems. I'd
thought we'd fixed this but apparently not :( -- will take a look at
this first thing Monday.

Regards,