[okfn-help] Changing theme of wiki.okfn.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 4 21:41:10 BST 2010

We have an existing ticket to change theme on wiki.okfn.org:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/ticket/180>

I have now extracted two standard moin themes and checked they work:

<http://bitbucket.org/moin/moin-themes>

My preference is for the monobook (mediawiki) theme. Here's a screenshot:

  <http://imagebin.ca/view/I7HIUA6.html>

I think this is familiar and has a good standard connotation of
"wiki". My one concern is that we are *not* actually running mediawiki
(but moinmoin). However, I don't think there will be great confusion
and I generally like this theme.

What do people think? Anyone object if I switch this soon?

(For those asking: why not move to mediawiki? Answer is: a) migration
is painful and expensive b) moinmoin is nice and written in python c)
we are already supporting moinmoin but don't need to support mediawiki
atm ...)