[okfn-help] OpenID and API Keys for Bibliographica

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 17 19:23:04 BST 2010

On 9 May 2010 14:29, William Waites <william.waites at okfn.org> wrote:
> Ticket open here:
>
> http://knowledgeforge.net/pdw/trac/ticket/76
>
> would welcome feedback on how to handle this.
>
> Should we have a system of owners and permissions on RDF graphs that
> exist in the store?
> e.g. Some graphs only modifiable by some users

I think we have to have this, at least in the medium-term.

> Should we put user data (preferences, API keys) in the same store? e.g.
> Some graphs only readable by some users

Not necessarily. You obviously need to have some user identifier (even
just for author of changeset) around but not sure we will (always)
need API key and all other user data in there.

> Should we use a different database (flat files, btree, redis) to store
> user information?

I think as a first pass we should try storing this in the rdf store as
that is the simplest option. This will require us to restrict access
to certain parts of the store (including for read -- e.g. for
passwords) and may also mean we want to turn off revisioning for
certain triples (e.g. those representing users ...).