[okfn-help] design docs

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat May 22 16:07:51 BST 2010

cc'ing public okfn-help list

On 19 May 2010 15:23, William Waites <william.waites at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 10-05-19 12:19, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>> Great. I've just spoken with Jonathan and we're going to put out wdmmg
>> big update today so bibliographica announce will probably go out
>> tomorrow ...
>>
>> If we could put up some docs now that would be very useful -- i can
>> explain how to upload via dav to knowledgeforge.net/ if you wish (or
>> we can put on blog.bibliographica.org/code/)
>>

> Have writen some background design docs...
>
> http://bibliographica.org/docs/ordf/
>
> also have made a mercurial mirror of ordf in
>
> http://knowledgeforge.net/pdw/ordf
>
> should really use that from now on...

Just to follow up and say:

a) docs look great -- think long design overview can probably become a
nice series of blog posts ...

b) going forward I would like to suggest that we try and put more of
this kind of discussion on public lists, in particular:

  * open-bibliography [1]: for general announces and discussion of the
project plus consultation on specific biblio issues
  * okfn-help [2]: for day to day discussion of coding issues etc (if
volume is sufficient we may move to a dedicated mailing list)