[okfn-help] Create a new project in knowledgeforge.net

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Nov 10 11:24:32 GMT 2010

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Thanks for letting us know Mariana! Cc'ing this to our help list.
>
> All: any ideas what might be up with this?

KnowledgeForge has reached capacity.

There are a number of things we can do about that:

1. We could increase capacity (by improving the hardware platform).

2. We could begin to purge all the non-projects that were created
through the demo.knowledgeforge.net site. It would be relatively easy to
detect projects with no services, services with no content, etc. There
are a lot of rotting projects, and some of the projects have Tracs which
are getting a lot of spam.

3. We could introduce moderation of project registrations, approving
only projects which contribute to the open knowledge community.

In the meantime, we could ask Mariana what her project is about and
whether she thinks it contributes to the open knowledge community. If
so, I'm sure we would be very happy to grant Mariana sufficient access
rights to create projects. Rufus?

J.