[okfn-help] m.okfn.org moved

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 22 10:13:25 BST 2010

On 22 October 2010 09:55, William Waites <william.waites at okfn.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:42:01AM +0100, John Bywater wrote:
>> William Waites wrote:
>> >No idea what's happened to eu0.
>> >
>> >So the css and javascript works, I've cloned m.okfn.org on eu8
>> >and just changed the dns to work via the cache on eu6... Should
>> >propagate shortly and e.g. ckan will work again...
>> >

>> Good work! Although, for some reason this now returns 404?
>> http://m.okfn.org/gfx/ckan/ckan_logo_box.png
>
> Aha... There's some sort of complicated arrangement where
> the logos are generated by a python script that runs inkskape.
> Not even going to bother figuring out how that works -- in
> the brief window that eu0 has been back (before apache going
> nuts) I managed to copy the pngs... If it won't make Rufus
> too angry, I'll just check them into the mercurial repo...

To be honest I'd suggest switching back to eu0 no? We don't want to
run this stuff off eu8 anyway and we do not have a backup (and yet we
should check in the pngs ...).

I'd also emphasize that most of this stuff is available on
assets.okfn.org (or should be) which is a preferable place to get it
from :)

New organizing scheme (though obviously we should ensure backwards
compatibility for the medium-term) is described in the README.txt:

p/{project-name}
  img/
  css/
  js/

e.g.

p/ckan/img

NB: ckan images at the moment from images/ckan/ ...

Open Knowledge Foundation