[okfn-help] Last on Caching for this evening...

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Sun Sep 5 11:47:16 BST 2010

 On 10-09-05 08:13, Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:

> On 05.09.2010, at 05:52, William Waites <william.waites at okfn.org
> <mailto:william.waites at okfn.org>> wrote:
>
>> eu3 keeps falling over. the problems are (were)
>> compounded by running the cache on the same
>> host!
>
> Just out of interest: Is that still true now that the CKAN WUI has
> been moved off the machine?

Yes. All the main ckan is on eu7.

>> the main ckan site and api are running on eu7. the
>> others are still running on eu3. the frei universitat
>> is crawling the site every half hour or so (maybe it
>> is 15 minutes, we'll see)
>
> Why can't we keep the separation of API and WWW hosts for the moment?
> Maybe the API caching you've implemented is sufficient to keep things
> stable, but we don't know. I'd really like to make sure that even if
> the API runs into problems, users can still get to the WUI and browse.

I have no problem having www-api on eu8, but let's
keep the important stuff off of eu3.

-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/