[okfn-help] openbiblio update from 2010-09-22 catch up

Benjamin O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:25:18 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 18:18 +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> > Would it make sense for OFS to include a method that returns a direct
> > URL for a given bucket/label? eg:
> >
> > ofs.get_url(bucket, label) --->
>
> I think that would be useful, yes ...
>
> > pairtree backed ofs returns "file:///...."

I've implemented the changes in http://bitbucket.org/okfn/ofs - to use
it with local storage will require the latest pairtree client (0.6.1-T)
which includes code and tests needed to support get_url.

Friedrich, I wasn't sure how to get boto to return a plain URL, without
auth credentials - I believe the following method from the connection
should do it, but I am unsure how to use it without relaying private
auth details in the URL:

generate_url(expires_in, method, bucket='', key='',
                     query_auth=True, force_http=False):