[okfn-help] problems with adding users to new blog bigclean.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Mar 7 14:40:36 GMT 2011

2011/3/4 Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>:
> I am trying to add people to a new WP miltisite blog
>
> bigclean.org
>
> I think the way to go is by adding people via
> http://okfn.org/wp-admin/users.php
>
> Now I can't find
>
> Jindřich Mynarz <mynarzjindrich at gmail.com> with user name:
>
> jindrichmynarz
>
> Thats weird! I can find Jindřich here:
> http://okfn.org/members/jindrichmynarz/profile/public/
>
> Hmm, any ideas?

Yes, this is a 'feature' or bug of WP multisite -- users registered on
other sites including the "main" site won't show up on another site
until you explicitly register them. You can do this by adding them
with the same email / username (this way WP will link them across the
sites). You can also add them directly from the network admin sites
section of the multisite system (this is probably the best way as an
admin).