[okfn-help] Workshops preceding OKCon

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Thu May 5 17:19:39 BST 2011

> Friedrich just made the proposal to have a dev workshop: 28th for OpenSpending and the 29th for CKAN

We need to wait for Friedrich to confirm this - I originally suggested
that OpenSpending was on 29th (to allow for a 2 day hackday on the
Monday and Tuesday) and CKAN was the 28th - but nothing is set in
stone yet, so it is open to your views!

> I like the idea and would love to see this happening! Also I would need a short abstract for the dev workshop for publication asap.

I sent an email to the dev-list yesterday, but have not had any
response in people wanting to lead the workshop:

@Seb / James - can either of you think of someone we should approach
personally about this? Once we have the workshop leader confirmed, we
can finalise the abstract, I'm going to be drafting it here:

<http://ckan.okfnpad.org/dev-workshop-proposal>

>> @ Daniel - would there be a room for this (for the time-being the user
>> focused workshop) at the conference (there may also be the need for
>> another room if we decide to do the dev-one at the conference as well,
>> but I will wait to hear back from the dev-list first)?

> Yes that would be great! Please go ahead and submit a short proposal via http://okcon.org/2011/submit/

@ Seb - would you be happy to lead the 'at conference' user-oriented
one? I have created a pad and will start to draft a proposal, please
feel free to join in, then we can submit it!:

<http://ckan.okfnpad.org/user-workshop-proposal>

@ Daniel - the submit link is giving me a 500 server error! Could we
get this looked at?

Lucy