[okfn-help] Character limit in CKAN?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 6 10:25:57 UTC 2009

2009/5/5 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> Just wondering if there is a character limit in 'notes' section in CKAN?
>
> I've been trying to paste in some text we scraped with Scraperwiki. It
> keeps giving me an error message - and I've no idea why!

Did you get an error message out, on my local machine it read:

"There was an error rendering the package: EOF in middle of construct:
line 495, column 11"

Does not suggest it is running out of space ;)

By classic bisection technique (i.e. deleted stuff until it worked
...) I tracked this to:

## Finland
 * Main URL: <http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/country/commu/beneficiaries/finland/index_en.htm>
   * Suomi <https://www.eura2007.fi/rrtiepa/>

Turns out that markdown does not like https in urls. This is a rather
annoying bug and we could hack it by just replacing all https with
http ...

Regards,

Rufus