[okfn-help] knowledgeforge.net issues (missing Trac file?)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 16 18:56:53 UTC 2009

2009/9/11 John Bywater <john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net>:
> Just noticed (again) that when accessing the KForge Trac on
> KnowledgeForge, the server was sometimes giving me three basic auth pops
> when accessing this page of the KForge Trac service.
>
> http://www.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/changeset/1304

Great detailed debugging. I'd noticed this too here and on other trac
instances on kforge.

[...]

> Perhaps it would make good sense to change KnowlegeForge.net to allow
> access to Trac media, without checking the KForge access controller?
> It's all public material, and it's slow (and clearly error prone) to
> control access for each call. I don't think that's already coded into
> the "kforge.plugin.trac.Plugin" class.

Perhaps though it is added complexity.

What I don't understand here is that read access to all of these
resources should be granted automatically whether you are logged in or
not (these are projects on which visitor has the Friend role ...)

Rufus