[okfn-help] Open Shakespeare edition

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 18 12:27:32 UTC 2009

Sorry for the delay in responding!

BTW: we're planning an Open Shakespeare collaboration session for
Saturday 26th of September (next Saturday) @ 4pm BST. We'll be meeting
on #okfn on irc. All welcome.

Direct responses interleaved below.

2009/8/21 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Rufus Pollock<rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> 2009/8/21 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
[...]
>> We are still in progress. I have been working with some university
>> students on introductions and commentaries.
>>
>> <http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Open_Shakespeare>
>
> Great. Does this mean that no-one is currently working on the covers?

That's right.

>>> I've just found out that my friend Adam is interested in producing
>>> editions of particular works of Shakespeare. He's been experimenting
>>> with book binding and makes photomontage images. In particular he's
>>> interested in making cover designs for particular works (Hamlet, King
>>> Lear, ...).
>>
>> Wow, this is great. Would he be interested in collaborating here?
>
> Yes - I just spoke to him and he would! Hooray!

That's fantastic. Great to meet you Adam (I see you're in cc)

[...]
>>> Perhaps we could work with him?
>>
>> Definitely.
>
> In turns of next steps, he'll go ahead and start doing cover designs
> and perhaps you can liaise re: how this fits with layout, style, etc.
> and putting designs in LaTeX.

That sounds great. It is very easy to embed images into Latex so not
problems there. You can also do quite a bit of typographical layout
using latex itself (there's nice manual on all of this).

Rufus