[okfn-help] Fwd: [uk-government-data-developers] CKAN metadata fields

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jan 15 12:48:36 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds at googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Subject: [uk-government-data-developers] CKAN metadata fields
To: uk-government-data-developers at googlegroups.com

The web page for the datasets in the hmg.data tool displays useful
fields such as "geographic granularity" and "geographic coverage".

>From the search interface I can't find a way to filter a search by such fields.

I examined the data dumps so that I could build my own tool to do this.
Unfortunately, the dumps in http://ckan.net/dump/ don't appear to
include those fields.

(1) What's the recommended way to get access to the dataset metadata
that includes these fields?

(2) Is there already an "advanced search" or "faceted search" option
that I'm missing?

Dave

--
Jonathan Gray