[okfn-help] Buddypress - nearly there

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Sep 21 08:56:34 UTC 2010

Dear Stefie,

This is great and I'm sorry for the radio silence (it has just been
too busy!). I am coming to Berlin end of next week (around the 1st)
and perhaps we can have a proper catchup and website code sprint
session ...

Also worth cc'ing this stuff to okfn-help so others can see what
progress we (or rather you!) are making

Some comments below.

On 16 September 2010 12:37, Stefanie Doll <stefie.doll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Rufus,
>
> So far i never worked with manually generated SSH-Keys, only with sftp or
> auto-generated keys. Is the file attached to the email what you need (public
> key?)?

Yes, I think it is.

> Can I add the bp-okfn child-theme to the okfn bitbucket account, or do you
> have to do it?

My one question here is to what extent can we put the buddypress into
our existing okfn theme -- i.e. can we have the buddypress stuff in
there (and not use it if buddypress plugin is not installed/activated)
or do we need a completely separate theme. If the latter we need a
separate repo I guess.

> The CSS for the okfn-buddypress theme is more or less done (buddypress.css).
> I uploaded the bp-okfn theme to staging.okfn.org and activated it, but it
> still needs some testing. Did you have a look at it already?

Looks good. Clearly, as you say the profile pages could do with some
prettifying but I think we should release early, release often here
(after all it does work and we'll fix stuff quickly once people start
complaining ...)

> I already found some bugs in the bp-2010-childtheme while I was testing the
> community features. I'll try to fix these bugs next week.

Great.

> As soon as I'm done, i'd like to ask the people on the discuss list to sign
> up for an account on staging.okfn.org and test all the features (sending
> mails, creating groups, signing up for blogs/groups, sending/deleting
> messages, make friends, change their Profiles etc.) to see if everything is
> working correctly before we activate buddypress on okfn.org.

OK. Let's plan this part together. I think it might be better to dive
straight in on okfn.org (we can always fix things and this way people
don't have to sign up twice ...)

Regards,

Rufus