[okfn-help] site caching seams to still cause problems, possibly related to login issues

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Wed Jul 13 11:46:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

It looks like we still have some caching problems. Today I went to section: http://okfn.org/wp-admin/network/
And site has welcomed me:
Howdy, Jason Kitcat or
Howdy, Daniel Dietrich
than when I asked Nils on irc to go there and check something out some pages changed to greet me:
Howdy, Nils Toedtmann =)

I could also see in admin bar summary of notifications for everyone mentioned above (nr of messages and accepted friend requests). Besides that one page over there also showed Wordpress 3.1.3 until Nils requested that url which may somehow clear the cached version.

When as Nils suggested I added to my /etc/hosts line 79.125.24.227  okfn.org (to circumvent squid) on http://okfn.org/wp-admin/network/ i got "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." which seams correct in my case! After removing forcing ip to one above it got back site saying Howdy, Jason, Daniel Nils etc.

I would suggest configuring it to never cache /wp-admin section!

Possibly login issues and lack of 'wp-admin-bar' bar on top of many pages also caused by issues with caching. Can someone who have set it up take a closer look at it (we can meet on irc if i come of any help) and later document configuration and fixed issues on Trac? I've crated account on trac.okfn.org but looks like someone needs to give me permissions if i want to crate ticket for that myself...

Ok, I hope we can get it fixed soon!
=)
elf Pavlik