[okfn-help] bbb.okfn.org (Re: [sysadmin-coord] Cloud Server Alert Notification)

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Jul 14 16:31:31 UTC 2011

* [2011-07-14 16:30:09 +0200] Nils Toedtmann <nils.toedtmann at okfn.org> écrit:

> Who build us12 = "bbb.okfn.org", and what for? We usually don't deploy
> at RackSpace currently.

This is documented on the okfn-help@ list re: replacements for
Skype. AWS is not appropriate due to their idiosyncratic NAT
arrangement. This is for evaluation, though I don't know if, despite
the vigorous discussion and positive feedback to the proposal on and
off-list, it has actually been tried out and used in anger.

In the longer term, if this or something like it is found to be
useful, it should be somewhere in Europe but not AWS, so perhaps
Fry or Hetzner or somewhere they don't unapologetically chew and
mangle our packets.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>