[okfn-help] Locking pages on wiki.okfn.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jul 14 23:03:23 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 14:11, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
> Ok, locking down needs to happen *NOW*.

I think locking down had already happened by the time you raised this
(I did it yesterday lunchtime). Since then no vandalism has happened:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/Special:RecentChanges>

> Spammers are wiping entire pages off the wiki (main okfn). I just had
> to restore the HowTos and this really is not an effective use of my
> time.

We all agree this isn't an effective use. At the same time a wiki is
pretty useful. I think now that we have locked down more and we know
how to protect pages we should give the wiki a chance.

Rufus