[okfn-help] Is it possible to archive email going to an email alias on a mailman list?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Jun 22 11:50:01 UTC 2011

Is it possible to archive email going to an email alias on a mailman list?

This would be useful on several email aliases - i.e. to have a private
archive [1] of traffic for our core team to look at.

E.g. all traffic to blog at okfn.org going to a closed, private list,
e.g. blog at lists.okfn.org and being archived.

This could be especially useful for situations where, e.g. we have
someone new who wants to go back through the archives to pull out
contact details or other material. And would also serve as a better
'organisational memory' for the OKF.

What do people think?

J.

[1] To respect people's privacy - as people writing to general aliases
might not wish all of their correspondence to be public!

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation