[okfn-help] [sysadmin-coord] Migration of blog.okfn.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat May 28 12:52:47 UTC 2011

On 26 May 2011 17:35, Nils Toedtmann <nils.toedtmann at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> tomorrow (Friday) morning 9:00 GMT (10am BST) Rufus and me will migrate
> blog.okfn.org to another server. Please do not make any edits from
> 9:00GMT until further notice from us.
>
> Expect minor outages of blog.okfn.org 9:00-11:00GMT

I can report that migration was completed successfully by yesterday at
1730 GMT. Unfortunately this took much longer than expected due to
discovery of a significant wordpress bug with importing in multisite
mode. In summary:

<quote from ticket>
Took much longer than expected because issue with wordpress escaping
(and deleting) content had not gone away (was losing markdown links of
form <...>). 7h of debugging tracked this to a wordpress bug whereby
in multisite mode import incorrectly applies wordpress content filter
on import (can also reproduce in in non-multisite mode if markdown
plugin *not* installed -- but import is ok if markdown plugin
installed).

Fix was to comment out (temporarily) 'sanitization' of post content in
 wp_insert_post in [post.php (line 2417) as follows:

$postarr = wp_parse_args($postarr, $defaults);
// $postarr = sanitize_post($postarr, 'db');
</quote>

For more info see:

<http://trac.okfn.org/ticket/553#comment:12>

Regards,