[okfn-help] Beautifying the OKF newsletter (sent out via mailman)?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:37:25 UTC 2011

2011/11/8 Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>:

> I really like the term "beautification options"! I am also afraid I am a bit
> old school, but I think its really about the content not the format. Plain
> text via mailman is fine. In addition we could create a html version using
> all our beautification skills :)

I, personaly, prefer to receive emails only in plain text. If there
will be a HTML newsletter, I believe there should be an option to
choose between the two versions.

For beutification, it could point at the end of the email to a wiki or
a blog, as these examples of Wikimedia Foundation (I like both)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter/2011-10-31

http://blog.wikimedia.org/c/research-2/wikimedia-research-newsletter/

[]'s,

Tom