[okfn-help] Beautifying the OKF newsletter (sent out via mailman)?

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Nov 8 18:47:32 UTC 2011

On 8 November 2011 17:37, Everton Zanella Alvarenga
<everton137 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/8 Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>:
>
>> I really like the term "beautification options"! I am also afraid I am a bit
>> old school, but I think its really about the content not the format. Plain
>> text via mailman is fine. In addition we could create a html version using
>> all our beautification skills :)
>
> I, personaly, prefer to receive emails only in plain text. If there
> will be a HTML newsletter, I believe there should be an option to
> choose between the two versions.

It might just be late in the day, but I really can't understand how
offering and producing two different options for this newsletter is a
valuable use of OKF resources.

My vote is for taking advantage of HTML in emails. I think the vast
majority of recipients mail clients will display HTML fine, and that
is the same result as us putting it on a web page.

David