[okfn-help] Beautifying the OKF newsletter (sent out via mailman)?

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Nov 10 17:10:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I agree with Jonathan that sending a newsletter that just consists of a
link to a URL will make it less likely people will look at the content we
want to get across (although I have no empirical evidence to back this
up!). I also agree that we want to avoid writing two newsletters.

It would be nice to do some very simple 'beautifying' things like adding
some pics. For those who haven't used the blog or website in a long time
who receive the newsletter it gives them a little visual taster of what's
been going on. In which case a fairly simple HTML email would do the trick,
and we'd be able to use our current system.

It would also be nice to be able to see the click through rates of the
newsletters we send out, so we can tailor the newsletter according to the
a new newsletter mail system, right?

Sam Leon
Community Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation