[okfn-help] Hi Res Version of CKAN logo now on Flickr

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Nov 25 16:59:22 UTC 2011

@Kat: if you are not aware we have a dedicated mercurial repo
containing a lot of 'media' materials:

<http://bitbucket.org/okfn/m.okfn.org>

This had, for example, hi-res and vector versions of all of the CKAN
logos. This media repo was what we used for all general image stuff
prior to flickr (and this may still have some advantages over flickr
re version control for images that see a lot of changes). We then
deployed a large portion of that repo's contents to
<http://assets.okfn.org/> on s3 in an automated way (s3 is a very
robust file hosting environment -- remember flickr, in theory, does
not allow you to do html image hosting):

There also exists http://m.okfn.org/ but it is being deprecated for assets.

So for example one can find a bunch of CKAN stuff here:

<https://bitbucket.org/okfn/m.okfn.org/src/tip/m.okfn.org/p/ckan/img>

I believe I may also have the source vector files (ai's i believe)
knocking around somewhere but not entirely sure (some designers
volunteered their time to make this logo for us originally and I'm not
sure they sent us the fonts -- it may just have been svgs with
lettering embedded (see svgs already in that folder))

Rufus