[okfn-help] Big problem with okfestival blog domain permalinks

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 20 11:49:46 UTC 2012

On 20 August 2012 11:38, Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> We have a problem with the okfestival.org blog domain - for some reason,
> whenever we try to create a new page (as of this morning and late last
> night) the domain permalink starts with okfestival.okfn.org/ (*instead
> of* okfestival.org/ <- the correct domain). This is causing redirect
> problems (ie, no one can go to any of the new pages) and is a major problem
> for several people trying to create new pages today on OKFestival.org.

We've noticed this for several sites since we moved to the new hoster (i.e.
xyz.okfn.org).

However it has not been causing problems for the pages themselves as they
will work with the correct domain. Are you experiencing actual problems
with okfestival.org/{page-name} not resolving?

In any case I've now looked in the setting in the *network admin* section
and that was set to http://okfestival.okfn.org/ I've updated this to
http://okfestival.org and it seems to have corrected the issue with site
showing up at http://okfestival.okfn.org/

It *also* seems to have resolved the www.okfestival.org redirect loop.

I suspect that there is a change in the latest wordpress that has moved
home and site url settings from per site configuration to network admin
settings and this has caused the problem.

Rufus

Sorry to be a pain, but the OKFest team is currently trying to create 60+

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation